Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education
---Call for Participation Deadline: October 21
Join with 1,200+ Colleagues from 50 Countries
Please forward to a colleague
March 29-April 2, 2010 * San Diego, CA
(Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina)
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
** Submissions Due: Oct. 21, 2009 **
Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE)
Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
** What are your colleagues saying about SITE conferences? **
COLOR POSTER--SITE 2010 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Available to Print & Distribute (PDF to print)
SELECTED PAPER BOOK FOR SITE 2010
Submit Your Full Paper for Publication in a Book of Selected Papers SITE 2010 will offer for the first time an alternative Full Paper submission category."Full Papers (Book)" are Full Paper submissions submitted in their final by Oct. 21.These will be reviewed for publication in a book of selected papers as well as a presentation.
CONTENTS & LINKS (details below)
1. Call for Papers and Submission & Presenter Guidelines, Deadline Oct. 21:
2. Scope & Major Topics: http://site.aace.org/conf/topics.htm
4. Presentation Categories: http://site.aace.org/conf/categories.htm
5. Proceedings & Paper Awards: http://site.aace.org/pubs/
6. Corporate Participation: http://site.aace.org/conf/corporate.htm
7. For Budgeting Purposes: http://site.aace.org/conf/rates.htm
8. San Diego, California: http://site.aace.org/conf/cities/san-diego/
9. Deadlines: http://site.aace.org/conf/deadlines.htm
SITE 2010 is the 21st annual conference of the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education. This society represents individual teacher educators and affiliated organizations of teacher educators in all disciplines, who are interested in the creation and dissemination of knowledge about the use of information technology in teacher education and faculty/staff development. SITE is a society of AACE.
You are invited to participate in this international forum which offers numerous opportunities to explore the research, development, and applications
in this important field. All proposals are peer reviewed.
SITE is the premiere international conference in this field and annually attracts more than 1,200 leaders in the field from over 50 countries.
To submit a proposal, complete the online form at:
For Presentation and AV guidelines, see:
* Keynote Speakers
* Invited Panels/Speakers
* Papers (Full & Brief)
* Corporate Showcases & Demonstrations
The Conference invites proposals from the introductory through advanced level on all topics related to:
(1) the use of information technology in teacher education, and
(2) instruction about information technology in
* Graduate Teacher Education
* Faculty & Staff Development
Proposals which address the theory, research and applications as well as describe innovative projects are encouraged.
* Assessment and E-folios
* Digital Video
* Distance/Flexible Education
* Electronic Playground
* Equity and Social Justice
* Evaluation and Research
* Games and Simulations
* Graduate Education and Faculty Development
* Information Literacy
* Information Technology Diffusion/Integration
* Latino/Spanish Speaking Community
* New Possibilities with Information Technologies
* Web/Learning Communities
* Workforce Education
CONTENT AREA TOPICS:
* Art Education
* Early Childhood Education
* English Education
* Human Languages Education
* Information Technology Education
* Innovative Technology Experiences for Teachers and Students (ITEST)
* Mathematics Education
* Middle School Education
* Science Education
* Social Studies Education
* Special Education/Assistive Technology
* Technological, Pedagogical, And Content Knowledge (TPACK)
The Technical Program includes a wide range of interesting and
activities designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information. These
keynote and invited talks, paper presentations, roundtables,poster/demonstrations, tutorials/workshops, panels, and corporate showcases.
Accepted papers will be published by AACE in the Technology and
Education Annual proceedings series. Books in this series serve as major
source documents indicating the current state of teacher education and
information technology. This proceedings will be published as a searchable
electronic book on CD-ROM.
The Annuals are internationally distributed through and archived in the Education and Information Technology Digital Library, http://www.EdITLib.org .
First and second paper authors are limited to two papers published in the Annual.
All presented papers will be considered for Best Paper Awards
Award winning papers may be invited for publication in the:
- Journal of Technology and Teacher Education (JTATE) ( http://site.aace.org/pubs/jtate/ ) or
- Online journal, Contemporary Issues in Technology & Teacher Education (CITE) ( http://www.citejournal.org/ ),
Highlighted in the:
- Education and Information Technology Digital Library, http://www.EdITLib.org .
A variety of opportunities are available to present research-oriented papers, or to showcase and market your products and services. For information about Corporate Showcases (30 minutes) and Corporate Demonstrations (2-hours, scheduled with the Poster/Demos),click here.
FOR BUDGETING PURPOSES:
The conference registration fee for all presenters and participants will be approximately $325 (members); $365 (non-members). Registration includes Proceedings on CD, receptions, and all sessions except tutorials.
The conference hotel (Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina) specially discounted guest room rate is $149/169 (single/double). http://site.aace.org/conf/hotel.htm
SAN DIEGO, CA: Where blue skies, miles of beaches, and a gentle Mediterranean climate meet!
It's not just a conference. it's a vacation! So plan to join us in San Diego for SITE 2010 a great conference in one of America's greatest destinations.
For more information about San Diego, CA, USA
Proposals Due: Oct. 21, 2009
Authors Notified: Dec. 2, 2009
Proceedings File Due: Feb. 10, 2010
Early Registration: Feb. 10, 2010
Hotel Reservation: Mar. 1, 2010
Conference: Mar. 29-April 2, 2010
To be added to the mailing list for this conference, link to http://www.aace.org/info.htm
If you have a question about SITE, please send an e-mail to SITE/AACE Conference Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
SITE--Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education P.O. Box 1545
Chesapeake, Virginia 23327 USA Phone: 757-366-5606 * Fax: 703-997-8760
E-mail: email@example.com * http://site.AACE.org
To Unsubscribe from this listserv, send "unsubscribe eductech" to firstname.lastname@example.org ; to Subscribe, send "subscribe eductech your_name" to the same address.